Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 DEV ALPHA
My Carrier: N/A

Not able to activate Email Account on BB10 Dev Alpha Device

Hi,

I am using BB10 Dev Alpha device and trying to connect to BES server (setup in our company)

whenever i am trying to configure or activate Email account on my blackberry device. It asks for Email ID and the second screen Email ID password. later it tries to verify the account and prompt an error "Unable to find connection information".

i checked on internet and saw that, while activating an Email account on device it always ask for Activation password in the second screen. which i am not getting in my case. instead of activation password it asks for Email password.

Device Informations

Model: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha

Software Release: 10.9.10.35

In short i am not able to activate my Email Account with BES server. Please let me know weather we can activate Email Account with BES Server on this Device or weather this device support above functionality?

Please help on this.

Thanks

-Dharmendra Singh

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Not able to activate Email Account on BB10 Dev Alpha Device

You can't activate a Dev Alpha device with BES10. You can apparently download and install the Z10 firmware on a Dev Alpha and then activate it properly, but I wouldn't know how to do that...
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please provide any official document or link to support this, that we can not configure Email account on BB10 Dev Alpha device without Z10 firmware?

Thanks

-Dharmendra Singh

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

No - it's just not possible. Can you provide an official document that states that this is possible?
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
New Contributor

Hi,

Actually i dont have any document which states that it is possible or not. i just contacted Blackberry Official team and they didnt say any thing like this. that it is not possible on Dev Alpha model. that's why i asked for any documentation or written information.

Anyways if it is not possible on BB10 Dev alpha then thanks for all your responses

Thanks

-Dharmendra Singh

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Again - you can install a Z10 software update on it and you can activate it. Just search the Internet for such an update Smiley Happy
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com