Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mahmed
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d) and CDO failed Errors only some users

Brief History: We had BES 4.1.6 with exchange 2007 and we just migrated to exchange 2010. I migrated all users to bes express 5.0.2 and used Blackberry Transporter and everything was working fine before we moved to exchange 2010.

When moved to Exchange 2010 i applied all the permissions on the server from this link

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/IT/archive/2010/03/04/exchange-2010-and-blackberry-enterprise-serve...

I installed MapiCdo on both of our exchange servers and bes server. BESX has about 83 users and about 50 our working fine but the other 30 are not. I ran EMSTEST and see below for one of our users that is having this issue. 

Also after running EMSTEST with a unsuccesful user i try to re-run it again and get a error

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Utility>i
emstest
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Vers
ion 1.0
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Utility>i
emstest
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Vers
ion 1.0
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
Opening Default Message Store Mailbox - BES COEG

Rebecca Carr: Opening message store using
        /o=COEG/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients
/cn=rcarr
        /o=COEG/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configurat
ion/cn=Servers/cn=EG2W8VMSX001/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
Rebecca Carr: OpenMsgStore failed (8004011d)
Rebecca Carr: CDO Server Name: EG2W8VMSX001
Rebecca Carr: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=COEG/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF
23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=rcarr
Rebecca Carr: CDO logon successful
Rebecca Carr: CDO COM exception: Code = 80040705, WCode = 0505, Code meaning = I
Dispatch error #1285
    Description = The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server compute
r has failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROV
IDER(8004011D)]].
Rebecca Carr: CDO test failed
Rebecca Carr: Active Directory permissions test completed successfully
Rebecca Carr: Initializing EWS Proxy... successful
Rebecca Carr: Configuring User... successful
Rebecca Carr: EWS calendar find request... failed

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d) and CDO failed Errors only some users

By default, Microsoft® Exchange 2010 uses client throttling policies to track the bandwidth that each Microsoft Exchange user
consumes and enforce bandwidth limits, as necessary. The policies affect the performance of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
negatively, so you should turn off client throttling for the Windows® account that has a Microsoft Exchange mailbox.
Please check http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20608

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mahmed
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Fixxed..

This is the resolution

Run the two commands below.

Set-ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy -RCAMaxConcurrency $null -RCAPercentTimeInAD $null -RCAPercentTimeInCAS $null -RCAPercentTimeInMailboxRPC $null -EWSMaxConcurrency $null -EWSPercentTimeInAD $null -EWSPercentTimeInCAS $null -EWSPercentTimeInMailboxRPC $null -EWSMaxSubscriptions $null -EWSFastSearchTimeoutInSeconds $null -EWSFindCountLimit $null

Set-Mailbox "BESAdmin" -ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Thanks4that
My Device: Not Specified

This is exactly the error I have but when I run the two command lines nothing is resolved.

On the second line, command shell reports back that although the command was OK nothing was change. I presume from this the policy is correct, but why the OpenMsgStore fail error?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Thanks4that

Given up - off to bed to dream about anything other BESx

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeff_allred

Have you had any luck with this yet? I have the same errors even though the throttling policy has been setup completely with $null on all the suggested connections, and is applied to the besadmin mailbox. Also, this is occuring on the only mailbox on Exchange 2010 and the first Blackberry device I've tried to add, so I don't think it's related to throttling policy. If you do get anything figured out, I'd appreciate hearing what your fix was.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigkahunatuna

Try looking at your MAPI CDO version, there are multiple versions of CDO 1.2.1.  For my Exchange 2013 integration, I was getting this error without fail in the MAGT logs and IEMTEST utility only to find out I was using the CDO 1.2.1 that was time stamped from February 2013.  Once I uninstalled and applied the May 2013 version and error is fixed.

Please use plain text.