Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
iternalnetworks
My Device: 8550
Accepted Solution

OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d) - 22 users out of 39 affected

[ Edited ]

This is my first post and I will try to provide as much details as I can as to what steps I have already performed. I'm not sure if my issues are separate or if they are related.

We are running Blackberry Enterprise Server Express 5

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 installed on a Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 Server.

Exchange 2010 SP1 installed on another Microsoft Hyper-V Server.

I have had issues activating new devices. When a user attempts to activate the device to their account they get the error message that the server isn't responding. Upon researching why some users were getting this message I came accross event ID 20400, 40720, and 20154 in the MAGT log. There are now 22 users out of 39 that this is affecting. I also came across another post that made me think it was due to Throttling. I followed the directions and disabled Throttling, although I am not sure how to check to ensure that the settings are now showing correctly.

I have double checked the permissions (send-as, local admin, etc.) and everything is configured correctly.

When I run IEMSTest I get the following error:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Version 1.0
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d)

One user recieved the following message in her Outlook from the postmaster:

Reason: attachment type policy violation (ETP.DAT)
Action: deny

I have since added *.blackberry.net to the allow list in the corporate spam filter and also have disabled the Spam filter in Exchange 2010.

I am stuck and need to get this resolved as soon as possilbe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iternalnetworks

Re: OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d) - 22 users out of 39 affected

The issue is resolved now. It was related to the Throttling policy. I ended up having to remove the original BESPolicy and recreating it. Then I stoped the Blackberry controller, router, and dispatcher services. I then restarted the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service and then started the Blackberry services. Only after these steps did things start working right again.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d) - 22 users out of 39 affected

Thanks for sharing your solution

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iternalnetworks

[ Edited ]

Ok, that fixed 99% of the problem, but there is still 1 user that will not connect. I have tried deleting the user and re-adding but the user can never activate. I also had the user wipe their device and attempt to activate but it still doesn't work. We also tried to activate using a USB connection and the Blackberry Web Desktop Manager, but it didn't work either. They get an email from the following email address that says:

network@etp503003.etp.us.blackberry.net

• The email address has been entered incorrectly- I DOUBLE CHECKED IT IS CORRECT
  • The activation email has been modified or moved from your email inbox by Spam/attachment scanning software or a mail client rule
  • You have not yet been added to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Each time they try to activate they get an email in their Outlook that states... This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

Any help with this?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

run this test on the affected user

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02091

Double check permission according to this

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Precomis
My Device: Not Specified

I'm currently trying to set up BES express on Exchange 2010, Server 2008r2 64 bit. Brand new installation. I have an existing 2003 server and exchange running BPS that I intend to migrate 16 users from. I've looked at several of your other posts and have followed all of the pre-req steps before installation, but when IEMStest, it fails with this message.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abraish
My Device: 9900

this was solved by creating a new throttling policy in parallel to the existing one or you can delete the old one and recreate again.

Please use plain text.