Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
anzoro
My Device: BB Playbook, BB Torch 9800, BB Z10, iPhone5
My Carrier: Vodafone DE
Accepted Solution

Pending delete prevents creating user again

We accidentally deleted an BES 10.1.1 user with an BB Z10 with state "Pending delete", the BB Z10 had been stolen days before. Now we are not able to create this user again in the BAS because the user or his e-mail will not be found / offered.

For testing I created a dummy user and activated a BB Z10. Then I switched the Z10 into flight mode and deleted the Z10 in the BAS, so the device had the same state "Pending delete". No I deleted the user from BAS.

As expected I was not able to create the dummy user again in the BAS. Then I switched off the flight mode, so the device received the kill signal. Immediatelly after the Z10 started wiping itself I was able to create the dummy user again in the BAS.

I need to create the user again. But I think his stolen BB Z10 will never come online. So how can I cancel the kill order or empty the "killing device queue" in BES 10?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Pending delete prevents creating user again

Have you tried going into the BDS console and deleting the user from there? That should immediately remove the user from the database.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hobbitsgiant
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SingTel

You can try the steps below to immeidately purge the user pending deletion in BES10:

For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

1. Under BlackBerry Solution Management.
  2. Click Manage Users.
  3. Click View more criteria.
  4. In the Device criteria, find the Device Status drop-down list and select Pending delete.
  5. Click Search.

or

1. Under BlackBerry Solution Management.
  2. Click Manage Users.
  3. Click View more criteria
  4. In the User criteria, find the  Queued to delete the user drop-down list and select True.
  5. Click Search.

The user can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services by performing the following steps:

1. Click the Display name of the user that is displayed when searching for user accounts that are queued for removal of BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
  2. Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anzoro
My Device: BB Playbook, BB Torch 9800, BB Z10, iPhone5
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

Oh my... :smileyfrustrated:

The second solution was the answer...

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.