Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

cchristian82
My Device: Not Specified

Plain Text Email from BES

When I compose a new email on the BES it comes across to other people as Plain Text, but when I reply or forward an email someone has sent me it sends it as HTML and has navy/purple text (along with my auto signature).  Is their any way to prevent the HTML.  I don't like how it puts the text in navy/purple and would prefer ALL emails being sent from my BlackBerry using BES to be Plain Text.  Is their an option somewhere?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Plain Text Email from BES

If you disable rich text emails on the BES then it would work that way.

I dont know of another way to do it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wilmekk

you may want to give this KB a try.

http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB15931

How to turn on or off rich content and inline images for BlackBerry smartphone users

Please use plain text.
cchristian82

So this is something that is done from the Server, not from my individual device?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

It can be on at the server or on the actual phone

Did you look at the KB above?

Message Edited by knottyrope on 09-29-2009 09:30 AM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
cchristian82

I did look at the link, yes, but that simply walks you through changing it on the Service - not on the phone itself
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tvieson

The option to read HTML emails is there, but I'm fairly certain that you cannot compose an HTML email from the device. If you reply to an email that is Rich or HTML the format similar to Outlook, Gmail, etc. But if you compose a new message it is created using plain text.
Please use plain text.
cchristian82

You are correct, I cannot compose HTML only reply or forward one that is already HTML..  That's what I am wanting to stop, I want all emails from my BlackBerry to be plain text
Please use plain text.