Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

daveyboysas
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 02

Policy to remove all device signatures

Hi

I have been investigating placigin automatic signatures on our exchange server, this of course however would prompt me ro remove all Blackberry device signatures so two sets are not sent on each email.

I am aware that yes you can remove / change a signature for each user but surley this must be an option at a policy level? I am sure most of you have quite a huge chunk of BB users and can understand this would take forever!

Is there a policy to remove all signatures and does that policy disable the user from adding any in the future, cheers.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Policy to remove all device signatures

IT POLICY
You can find all the available IT policies from the Policy Reference Guide @
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8067/645045/7963/1139827/Bla...

The Admin Guide will give you details information of how to assign IT policy
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3510/BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_Wireless_Software_Upgrad...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
daveyboysas
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 02

Thanks Knottty, however it appears the signature policy became obsolete in bes 4.1 onwards for some reason.

I presume it was replaced in another section? although we all know what presuming does.

I find it hard to belive blackberry have left this out, I have trawled through the policy options unles they have renamed it to something differant, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

is only a a user selectable item

tell them to turn it off

Options, Messages options, email preferences, uncheck use auto signature or remove current one.

IIRC you can remove them from BAS as well by setting a blank one if you only have a few users.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.