Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
griffisblessing
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Preferred CDO setup in mixed Exchange 2003/2007 Environment

We've been running an internal BES for quite some time.  We were on 4.x and had just one Exchange 2003 server up until recently.  We recently upgraded to BES 5.0.  That went well with no obvious glitches.  We also have an Exchange 2007 server now running on our network.  I recently moved a couple users to that server.  Mailflow seems to be continuing as normal, but the users are reporting that Calendar related issues and Contact syncing issues are popping up.

The server running our BES 5.0 admin stuff is a Windows 2003 SP2 server.  Because it was running 4.x with only an Exchange 2003 server on the network, it has the Microsoft Exchange 2003 management/admin tools installed.  When I try o installe the MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 package on the server it tells me that it is not compatible with the version of Exchange currently installed.  So ...

How should I correct this?  Can I uninstall the previous Exchange management stuff, then install the MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 package?  Will this continue to support both our Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 environment (most BES users are still on Exch 2003).

Thanks for your help.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Preferred CDO setup in mixed Exchange 2003/2007 Environment

Stop BES services and uninstall ESM 2003 then install CDO 1.2.1 and restart services unless asked to reboot.

CDO 1.2.1 supports both 2003 and 2007 in a mixed environment.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
griffisblessing
My Device: Not Specified

I did as suggested and things seem to be OK now.  Thanks for the help.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to have helped out.

Welcome to the forums. :smileyvery-happy:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V