Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
prodeje24
My Device: Bold 9930
Accepted Solution

Prepopulation

I recently had a user who wiped their device.  EA went fine and the user is able to send/receive email fine, but they would like 30 days of email populated on their blackberry.

I've verified that the registry keys are in place, with no typos.  I've verified the BES settings are reflecting the message count and message age settings correctly.

I've looked at the MAGT logs and it shows that prepo force is true and days = 30.

I'm at a loss and would love any advice is anyone has some :smileyhappy:

Background info:  Exchange 2007/BES/Windows SBS 2008  64-bit.  If any more information is required I would be happy to provide. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prodeje24

Re: Prepopulation

Also, for the record:  I wiped the device and "deleted the user and removed the blackberry information from the user's mail system".  I then performed an EA, but same results.  No historical email ..  Noticed the device has the same PIN however, not sure how that all plays into the equation.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

KB11632 - How to increase the number of email messages sent to a BlackBerry smartphone during the en...

If using the same PIN upon activation look at this KB

KB04713 - Enable message prepopulation for all users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server

For subfolders you have to enable them first.

KB11434 - No messages are displayed in subfolders following enterprise activation

and for older ones that wont prepopulate here are some tricks.

In the BlackBerry smartphone user's mailbox, create a subfolder of the Inbox called Recover.
Drag the email messages to be restored to the Recover folder.
On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Messages.
Click Search.
Set the Search Type to Remote.
Set the Service to Desktop.
Set the Folder to Recover.
Press the Menu key and click Search.
While viewing the search results, press the Menu key.
Click Add All.
The message headers for the email messages will be added to the message list on the BlackBerry smartphone.

or

• In the search results, highlight a message.

• Press the Menukey.

• To view more available search results, click Get More Results.

• To add the message that you highlighted to your message inbox, click Add.

• To add all the messages from the search results to your message inbox, click Add All.

• To delete the search results, click Delete Search.

• To start a new search, click Search by.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prodeje24

Even though i double-checked the registry keys in the KB's you linked, your posting promted a triple-check which turned up an omission.. in KB04713 - ForceMsgPrepopMessages was typed without Msg.. OOPS!! Anyway, thanks for the post, it's resolved now!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad to hear you are doing better

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.