Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve9300
My Carrier: o2

Problems reinstalling BES

Hi

I'm trying to set up BES on our 2003sbs server for just 2 Black Berry users.

I seem to be making a right hash of this. The first installation I chose the wrong SQL settings and then couldn't complete the install.  I used KB04096 as a guide to install and started again.

On the second  install I made the mistake being logged in on the servers Admin account not the BESadmin account. So had to uninstall again.

I now can't reinstall. At the very first steps of selecting a country, accepting conditions and hitting the next button I get an error message.

"The setup application cannot update the Blackberry Attachment Service and will close. For more information see the installation log file."

I guess I missed something on the previous uninstallation but have gone over and over it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Lee Phillips

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problems reinstalling BES

i would suggest this first then install again

How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: curve9300
My Carrier: o2

Hi thanks for reply.

Thats the guide I've been using to uninstall.

It worked the first time but doesn't seem to be doing the trick his time.

The only thing I can't follow on the guide is the Database removal. I can't find the MDSS & MDSS_DIS files to delete.

Many thanks

Lee Phillips

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

they should be in the default SQL database folder.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V