Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: None
My Carrier: None

Problems replying from device

We're running BES 5.0.4 MR2 and have several (though not all) users who cannot reply to messages. I put one of them on a static agent and discovered that LDAP and MAPI lookup is failing. That results in the X500 address being resolved, which the Blackberry device can't send to (I guess).

The message doesn't get sent and a red X is displayed next to the message (on the device).

In the MAGT logs, we see:
[40472] (06/19 11:14:54.035):{0xFD4} LDAP: Unable to resolve the address for user /O=blah/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=userWeAreReplyingTo using LDAP

[30027] (06/19 11:14:54.035):{0xFD4} {e-mail of the user who can't reply} MAPIMailbox::MAPIRecipstoRIMRecips - RIM_HrGWResolveProxy failed, so using 'EX:/O=blah/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=userWeAreReplyingTo' as the Recip address

Thoughts? Thanks.

All Replies
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Re: Problems replying from device

[ Edited ]

Hello mhashemi,

Thank you for your question regarding Problems replying from device on BES 5.0.4 MR2.

There are a few different reasons why you could be seeing these logs lines and issues. Are you also seeing a red X on the device when they reply? Please see the below KB articles for a few things to check on.

KB12207 - Unable to reply to or forward email messages on a BlackBerry device activated on a BlackBerry Ent...

KB04422 - A Red X appears in the message list after attempting to send an email message from the BlackBerry sm...

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!