Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
rtg2
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: None

Public Contact Folder Synchronization problem

Hi,

I'm having an ongoing problem with a user at a client site and wondered if anyone had any tips for resolving:

The site has an Exchange Public Folder containing 74 contact items. The users (2 of them) want these shared contacts to be available on their Blackberry's. As it stands now, one of them definitely is not getting them synced at all / properly. The other user claims it has been working on his phone, although as I'm new to this client, and the "working" client has been away, I've not confirmed this.

The details:

We have followed the guidance in the following document:
How to configure public contact folder synchronization for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19111

The server components are:
BES Express v5.0.2 (Bundle 14)
Exchange 2010 SP1

Non working Blackberry is:
BB9900 running v7.1.0.714, Platform v5.1.0.532

Supposedly working Blackberry is:
BB9780 running v6.0.0.294, Platform v6.5.0.54

Things I've done on the device:

- Standard reboot (many, many)
- Battery Pull
- Phone was actually replaced (due to another issue) a month ago
- Reactivated phone
- Turned off Wireless Synchorinisation and back on
- Deleted Desktop Service Book and Undeleted
- Resent Service Books
- Performed RSET trick

Now amongst all this, I've been putting test contacts in the Public Folder, and the user's Personal Contacts to test if they sync at all. I'm sure I've seen Public Folder test ones sync eventually, albeit much much slower than the Personal ones.

Any ideas? I'd like a way to remotely/on the server, check what's happening/not happening and also check how many contacts are on the handset, to save constantly bugging the user with testing.

I'm aware both the BES and Exchange are not at latest patch, any ideas if there's something fixed that would affect OS 7.1 but not 6.0?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Public Contact Folder Synchronization problem

Start with this to rule out a corrupt contact

In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook public folder and see if it gets to the device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.