Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 4038183246

Public Folders Syncing

Hi all,

We have installed Enterprise Server 10, version 6.2.0.36 in combination with ActiveSync on Exchange 2007. We have 3 users testing it out right now. The issue is, that public folder contacts are syncing over to the smartphone and they don't want that. I have read alot about public folders not syncing, but its opposite here. Is there anyway to disable public folder contacts sync in the new BES or is that something we have to deal with for the time being...

Thanks!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Public Folders Syncing

The BES does not control ActiveSync, all it does it push the email profile to the device, after which time the device communicates directly with Exchange. You would need to see if this is something you can control on the Exchange side, you can't do it on the device or BES10.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 4038183246

Re: Public Folders Syncing

Thanks for the reply! I had suspicions on the new BlackBery server because the BeS we have now does not sync those over. Those same test users did not have this issue. I guess we'll have to look into exchange.

Thanks