Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
bhodgins
My Carrier: Telus

Public folder contacts disappear from BES only?

Hey everyone,

Has anyone had the experience with PF contacts suddenly not being available to users? I have a user come to me today, and tell me their office contacts were missing. I checked their BES profile, and sure enough the office conects folder was showing  0. Yet no changes were made to BES in the last couple of months, or to the mail server for that matter. There are other folders in the tree that are showing items - they haven't changed.

I've confirmed visually that the contacts are there in the PF, and the default user has read permissions - full details, BES admin count has full permissions. These false "zero item" folders are showing for every BES profile.

I'm an Exchange admin as well as BES admin, and I've never seen this before.

MS critical updates were done last Sunday to the BES server, and it was rebooted, but I don't see how that could have broken some PF - BES linkages. But with MS update roulette I guess anything is possible.

Ideas?

B

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhodgins
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Public folder contacts disappear from BES only?

OK Maybe I was little quick to post. BES is accurate. But it seems to be going to the backup DAG server which seems to not be receiving all replication content.

Now to work on the replication failures...

Please use plain text.
kkevin11
My Carrier: shrivastava

Re: Public folder contacts disappear from BES only?

OK possibly I was small quick to place. BES is exact. But it seems to be going to the support DAG server which seems to not be being paid all duplication contented.

Now to work on the copying failure...

Please use plain text.