Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
bmiller76
My Device: Not Specified

Published Public Contact Folder not visible under user management email section

I went to Servers and Components, BlackBerry Solution Topology, BlackBerry Domain, Component View and selected Email. From this screen I checked the box next to two of our Microsoft Exchange 2003 Public Folders under the "Published public contact folders".

Then I went back to Manage Users and selected a user. Under messaging Configuration, I chose Default Configuration and then the Email tab. Down under "Published public contact folders" I only see one of the folders I checked as available.

What would cause the other one not to appear. Are there size restrictions or do I have a setting configured wrong?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris1979

Re: Published Public Contact Folder not visible under user management email section

Hi there,

on Published public contact folders, what do you  have on 'User synchronized public contact folder maximum:'?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bmiller76

Re: Published Public Contact Folder not visible under user management email section

It is set to 20. I assume that is 20MB. That would probably explain it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
al_ias

No this number is the maximum number of folders that can be synchronized per-user. The limit is set in the Email service screen and is enforced in the user device configuration (Email tab) screen if the number of checked folders is exceeded. The same error will be seen in the web destkop contact folders screen.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
al_ias

Sorry by "user device configuration" I'm referring to the same "manage users" screens as in the first post.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
al_ias

If you can see one of the folders you've made available but not the others, have you checked the permissions of the folder you can see and compared them against the folder(s) you can't??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
al_ias

You could also check/uncheck the "missing' folders, save your changes, and then look in the SYNC or MAGT BES logs for any clues. Allow some time for the relevant entries to appear.

Please use plain text.
cvalls

I am unable to see any of my (2) published folders.

Were you able to get your folders visible under the user management section?

Please use plain text.
lumberman

i had a similar problem... inside of  Exchange System Manager i granted the BB AD account 'Owner' permission over the public contact folder and they all popped up..

hope that helps. a month late.

Please use plain text.