Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
anotarba
My Device: Curve

Push out Policies to IOS

Hi all,

I am playing around with Mobile fusion UDS.  I have an Iphone that I'm testing.  I've put in IOS 6 and it's working fine.  I've installed the Mobile Fusion software on the iPhone without any issues.  I've pushed out a policy and now it's not overwriting the policy that is in there already.  it's still showing me the default policy.  As soon as I check Mobile Fusion it doesn't show me any errors... Can someone explain if there is a way to force the changes that I've made?

I don't remember ever having this issue.

Contributor
conito68
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Push out Policies to IOS

[ Edited ]

Check under "IT Policy" on the Mobile Fusion App and see if the name there matches your IT policy name. In many cases the UDS admin page will show the IT Profile of being "Default" even when it is in fact something different.

For example, in my environment, every single user says "Default" for IT policy, but the are actually getting the right policy I applied by way of adding them to a group. I think UDS just has problems displaying IT policies that are inherited from groups.

EDIT: Displaying the wrong IT group seems to happen rather randomly too.  Sometime it does display correctly, but if I log out and and into the console, it will change to the correct inherited policy.  This is on version 6.1.2.1.

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

You likely have an issue connecting to Apple's APNs. Have you completed all the steps for installing the APNs certificate into the local computer certifiate store and verified that 'authenticated users' has read permission set correctly?  Is the Core module able to communicate outbound to the 17.0.0.0 IP range via port 2195 on your firewall?

If you click on a user in the console and then choose the Communication Log button do pokes show as successful or failing?  If they are failing check your Core log to find out what error is being reported.

Contributor
anotarba
My Device: Curve

The problem that I'm having is that you have to wait an unknown amount of time before the policy gets added.  I'd like to see a button that allows us to push the changes on the fly. 

Unfortunately that is not the case in 6.1

Contributor
conito68
My Device: Not Specified

Try creating a group/policy that's blank. Then assign it to the user.
After that, re-apply the correct group/policy to the user.

That's the only way I can easily "push" changes to users at this point, but even this doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.
Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Policies don't wait any amount of time on IOS.  When one gets updated/created the server sends a poke to the user through the APNs and the device calls home to get the update.