Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
caymanjohn
My Device: 8520

Q10 Unable to connect to Email: "Your account xx@xx.com cannot be authenticated with your service provider.

Hello All-

Issue: Unable to connect Blackberry Q10 Handset when trying to add to exchange 2010 via "Add Account"

It ask for email and activation password and goes and accepts all settings (establishing connection/sending device information/setting up service records/setting up the work space/) then asks me to create password for blackberry balance and I do just fine.

Then it goes through all settings after that and hangs at "Setting up Message Account". Returns error:

"Your account email@domain.com cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct."

-Running Exchange 2010 SP1

-Installed BES 10.1 on seperate server on VMware platform

-Activesync profile is enabled with default policy (settings are fine)

-On trial for BES 10 to make sure services run fine before purchasing. All licenses activated

-Active Directory User (Security) settings are edited (permssions)

Here's the kicker....after 6 hours of troubleshooting, I try an iPhone. Set's up the email account in 2 minutes just fine with no errors.

What am i doing wrong here???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ask1
My Device: Q10

Re: Q10 Unable to connect to Email: "Your account xx@xx.com cannot be authenticated with your service provider.

I have the same problem, no one want to help.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Q10 Unable to connect to Email: "Your account xx@xx.com cannot be authenticated with your service provider.

try this first

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34177

and if using corporate wifi? read this

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20055

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ask1

Is not going to work.

Blackberry had very good system now try to copy other hand set.

Blackberry was for business now try to cover every body, I do not use gmail or others, I have my own Email account.

There must be someone know how to set up xxx@xxxxxx.co.uk to Zimbra in UK. o2 whom sold me the handset can't help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
livelym
My Device: Z10 Enterprise

It's unfortunate that one of the resolution links said the problem had not been resolved by Blackberry. However, our standard process for this problem is to:

1. Yank the battery while the device is still on. The 10 devices don't have service books you can clear but this process does the same thing per a BB rep.
  2.  You must have a much better data connection than the old ones to operate. If you can't get "all the bars" with LTE then connect to a good WiFi source. In our office building they won't work reliably under 3 bars of signal.

We think that all our Z and Q10 problems have to do with connectivity.

Good luck and pray they reduce packet sizes or what ever is needed to work with minimal bandwidth like the old ones. this week we started moving some users back to the Bold at the users request.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ask1

I have fixed my Email,

UK O2 did not help, Blackberry help is no use.

My Email service provider helped.

New Q10 is not like any other Blackberry, is not as easy as Iphone.

You need to get all setting from you service provider and use IMAP, boy is not easy after 20 changes I got Email link.

If I have to do this again I will send the Q10 back,

I have to say when is got working is good handset.

The IT who made the handset did not think of us, only thinking of email by g's or internet system not for work.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.