Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
ifonly
My Device: Not Specified

Q5 ActiveSync

Hello I have a Q10 & a Q5 on trial & wish to connect via Exchange 2010 & ActiveSync. The Q10 has connected & works fine The Q5 goes past the first screen of username/password/server name etc to the Accounts Sync page, I select all to sync(have tried unselecting) select Done & get the message "The Account was not found" so not sure what is wrong. The mailbox works with Outlook & with OWA So this is for a business using Exchange 2010, what to try next?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Q5 ActiveSync

are you using gatekeeping on exchange?

I would look to see if maybe the device is being blocked

some help on EAS here too for looking at the logs an more

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/Exchange-ActiveSync-testing-...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ifonly

I've never heard of gatekeeping & tbh do not know where to check.

I followed the link & tried to log in to ecp but it takes me to the owa page - what does this mean?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ifonly

We are SP3 Roll up 3
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

ifonly wrote:

I've never heard of gatekeeping & tbh do not know where to check.

I followed the link & tried to log in to ecp but it takes me to the owa page - what does this mean?

how to use ABQ aka gatekeeping

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/11/15/3411539.aspx

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ifonly

There is a default Exchange ActiveSync Device Policy, but no restrictions & only accessed by owa not ecp, no quarantined devices
no ActiveSync access as per this article when I log on.
But when I log in as administrator this tag is viewable, but nothing quarantined, no device access rules
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ifonly

I have added a rule for all BlackBerry devices & it has worked, many thanks @knottyrope
Why we need a rule to allow one device when another already works is confusing, but at least we have an answer
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

your welcome and glad to hear your doing better

Please use plain text.