Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

Question: How to enable Work Drives on the BES10 server?

Hello, I have published Work Drive and installed it successfully. How to configure the BES10 Server (BDS6.2) with the drives I want to publish?

On the Z10 I can see the blackberry Work Drives app. When I select it I get a black screen. When I swipe up to view the desktop, Blackberry Work Drive shows a black screen with a small white briefcase in the bottom right corner.

What should I do on the server to assign corporate drives to the Work Drive app?

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Question: How to enable Work Drives on the BES10 server?

[ Edited ]

Based on my use of the app, the user would add the drives they want to access. I'm not aware of any way to do this using BES10. The user needs to be connected to a BES10 server to access the drives, but the actual configuration is done on the device.

User manual here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/49138/

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor

After a few hours it worked! Love this app which will boost productivity big time. It is fast and reliable. I do miss the hardware keyboard to navigate to folders. It would be great to press the first letter if the folder in a large listing. This alone makes it worth having a bes10 server! Love balance too! One small thing, when defining the server it says: Example://server/share" when it should be Example:\\server\share"
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

What do you mean by "it worked"?

Were you able to find a way to assign the work drives from the BES, or were you successfully able to add the work drives on the Z10 manually?
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Last one - no way to assign them remotely yet.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Contributor

Sorry, the work drives app worked on my device after a few hours. I did not change anything other bes server.
Contributor

I did not change anything on the BES server.
New Contributor
My Device: 8900

Hi all, terribly sorry but I am new BES10 admin. We have never pushed an app before and yesterday we tried adding an app (Blackberry Work Drive) and published it as an available software. Mind you the way we did it is we first use Add Blackberry World application and used a URL pointing to the BB Work Drives. Then we went to create a software config. That was all good, we then added this software to a specific user. However even after a day the user still is not seeing this BB Work Drives app under his work perimeter.

What are we missing here? Your assistance is much appreciated.

DMC

Contributor

Did he install the app from the app store when in work mode?
New Contributor
My Device: 8900

He hasn't because he doesn't see it at all as a published app.