Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
Loris1
My Device: Not Specified

Received PURGED_MESSAGE_LIST from device for user not enabled for purged message list processing

Hi all,

BES 5.0.1 MR2 on Win2k8 R2 Std x64

Exchange 2007

The user in question is using a 9700 with OS 5.0.0.321 (Platform 5.1.0.90)

Getting the following in the eventlog for one user:

{user@domain.com.au} Received PURGED_MESSAGE_LIST from device for user not enabled for purged message list processing

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Received PURGED_MESSAGE_LIST from device for user not enabled for purged message list processing

Read this KB

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18549

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Loris1
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Received PURGED_MESSAGE_LIST from device for user not enabled for purged message list processing

Hi, thanks for that but I'm not seeing a resolution which will be applicable for my setup.

There resolution is to install SP1 on BES 5.. I am already on SP1 MR2 and it is still occurring

In the additional information link it says: This is normal behavior and this event can be disregarded.  See  additional information section for an alternate issue that can occur.

Its flooding the eventlog with it, there has got to be a way to stop it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aermak
My Device: 9790

BES 5.0.4 on Win2k8 R2 Std x64 on Exchange 2003

and having the same issue minus the flooding.

that solution doens't apply to our enviroment as well.
Please use plain text.
jamesselix
My Device: Torch 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

same messages here on our end too. We also are on the latest BES 5.0 SP4 on Windows 2008 R2 x64 (fully patched w/windows updates).

Our user also has a BB 9800.
Please use plain text.
jamesselix
My Device: Torch 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

note that this kb then links to another kb that then links back to this kb. its a total pointless kb link loop and didn't apply to our setup either.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If the user is not having issues, just ignore the entry

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.