Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10

Recurring meeting appointments disappearing from BB and Outlook

We have a strange behavior,

two users are complaining that recurring appintments were disappeard from Outlook and BB.

But only recurring appointments. All others are still there. Sync of new appointments is ok.

All the old reccuring appointments are gone.

Does anyone have any idea where to search?

We are running BES 5.0.3 MR6 for Exchange.

Outlook version is: Outlook 2010

Exchange version is: Exchange 2010 SP2

Thanks and regards

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Recurring meeting appointments disappearing from BB and Outlook

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES and Exchange Server too?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

if needing updating

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

Are you using CDO or EWS?

How to enable BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to use Microsoft Exchange Web Services

Also check the sync log

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Where the first pair of digits are the Agent ID you set.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10

Hi knottyrope,

the CDO versions on BES and Exchange are 6.5.8211.0

We do not use EWS.

I checked the SYNC logs from the day were the users reported me the disappeared appointments. But could not find any errors or failures. Also in the event log I could not find anything related to the user.

Is this issue something known to you? I mean that specialy reccurring appointments disappearing.

What I know is, that both users have dalagates in Outlook. Could this have something to do with it?

Any further ideas?

regards

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Thats an old version of CDO, I would update it to the latest one and see if it persists

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.