Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
DavePM
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Router in DMZ - Upgrade to BES10

Hi all,

If I upgrade our Router component that sits in our DMZ to BES10, will this still work ok for our BES 5.0.4 ?

Also, can I use this Router for BDS component?

Thanks

David

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Router in DMZ - Upgrade to BES10

looks like you need a dedicated one for BDS

look at page 19

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/48992/BlackBerry_Device_Service_6.2_Installation_an...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
DavePM

That would be dissappointing if we need another Router. Is there anyone from RIM who can confirm?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

These forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. While Research In Motion Limited will participate from time to time, please visit the Support & Services tab to access direct support options that may be available to you.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

DavePM wrote:

That would be dissappointing if we need another Router. Is there anyone from RIM who can confirm?

The BlackBerry Device Service installation does not include a Router service so you will not be able to use the BES10 installer to upgrade it.

However you can point your BlackBerry Device Service at your existing rouer in the DMZ.  Please see KB29748 for how to accomplish this.

Contributor
DavePM

Thanks BD!

Contributor
BenoitCote
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I had the same question and i tried following the KB article but i sadly can't find the TAB called ''SRP settings tab''.

We run a BESX 5.0.4 with a router and mobile fusion for old our devices.. or legacy if you want.

I created a new server for our BES10 environnement running BDS6.2 and UDS 6.2 to support the new BB10 and our possible future ios/android devices.

When i look into the BDS configuration tool, i get no tab saying anything related to SRP or any type of Remote router configuration... am i missing some type of package or add-on or is the KB not BES10 updated... im not too sure what is going on.. but right now, i have no idea how to direct the new server to the existing router... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Server : BESx 5.0.4(Bundle 38),Mobile Fusion 6.2.0(Bundle 11), UDS 6.1.2(Bundle 16), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP2, 100 users.
Server : BES10(BDS 6.2.0(Bundle 45)), BMS 6.4.0(Bundle 7), UDS 6.2.1(Bundle 10)
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Its not there anymore, the Dispatcher is creating a direct connection to the router now (if you have one, otherwise a direct connection to the BlackBerry infrastructure will be used).
Open the BAS of the BDS -> BB solution topology -> Component view -> BlackBerry Device Service -> YourServerName
Click on Edit and change the SRP addresses from xx.srp.blackebrry.com to your BB Router address.
Contributor
BenoitCote
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Is it possible that because i was going through directly without going through my internal router.. that this could be causing my activation issues?

I have 6 BB10's activated on the new BES.. no issue.. went smoothly. Now i get another batch(yesterday) and no matter what i try... it is impossible to activate... always says ''Cant connect to activation server... check your network settings..etc. Yet nothing changed on my side.
Im connecting my users through simple Activesync for now.. which i don't like but i can't go through the BES10 currently and have yet to figure out why suddenly it stopped working.

If anyone has an idea.. any help would be nice.

Thanks,

Server : BESx 5.0.4(Bundle 38),Mobile Fusion 6.2.0(Bundle 11), UDS 6.1.2(Bundle 16), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP2, 100 users.
Server : BES10(BDS 6.2.0(Bundle 45)), BMS 6.4.0(Bundle 7), UDS 6.2.1(Bundle 10)