Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
babecassis
My Device: 8520

S/MIME Certificate Lookups on z10

Hey everyone, I'm trying to deploy a Z10 with BES 6.2 connected to Exchange 2007 sp3 and use SMIME email encryption. We store the public keys for users in AD so that Outlook/iphones can do certificate look ups and fetch the PK when needed; however I havent been able to get this to work on BB10. 

Documentation on this seems to sparse, but does the BBOS 10 not support this part of Activesync? Do I really need to deploy SCEP to make this work? 

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: S/MIME Certificate Lookups on z10

Hi babecassis,

In order for a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone to get certificates pushed to it, you will require SCEP. You can find more information on this on Page 86 of the administrator guide located here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/48971/BlackBerry_Device_Service_6.2_Administration_...

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

babecassis wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm trying to deploy a Z10 with BES 6.2 connected to Exchange 2007 sp3 and use SMIME email encryption. We store the public keys for users in AD so that Outlook/iphones can do certificate look ups and fetch the PK when needed; however I havent been able to get this to work on BB10. 

Documentation on this seems to sparse, but does the BBOS 10 not support this part of Activesync? Do I really need to deploy SCEP to make this work? 

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

SCEP doesn't apply to SMIME.  OTA SMIME capabilities are coming in a future update.  Currently you must manually import the public certs of the user's you want to send encrypted messages to. 

New Contributor
babecassis
My Device: 8520

Any idea how far away that update is?