Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: 9780
Accepted Solution

SRP Key Active/Passive BES Servers

Hi all,

I am pretty sure we will be ok but I just wanted to clarify we are about to cutover from a trial SRP license running Active/Passive BES servers (2 separate sites) with 2 Blackberry Routers in the DMZ (two separate sites as well) See flow chart below.

Site 1
BES Server 1 (Active) --- > BES Router 1 ---> RIM

Site 2

BES Server 2 (Passive) ---> BES Router 2 ---> RIM

There is no way if we fail over to the second site once we put the SRP key in that we will get blocked from RIM right ?

Thanks

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Q10

Re: SRP Key Active/Passive BES Servers

No, the HA config will ensure that the SRP connection on the active node will be disconnected before the connection from the passive node kicks in. So, you will not get blocked from RIM.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700

Re: SRP Key Active/Passive BES Servers

If you are doing an HA cutover, why arent both servers configured for the same SRP anyways?

When the HA occurs, it stops the dispatcher service on the primary box, and starts it on the second box, therefore you wont have both connections into RIM.

Is there any reason not to just change the srp information on the primary bes to the production key? It will be a very brief drop (less than an HA cutover) interuption, and will force new service books to all the devices...