Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
danny01
My Device: 9000

SSL certificate for Communication Module

Hi, currently im using a self signed ssl certificate(pfx file imported from IIS manager) during the remote communication module advance installation option, but giving me problem during iOS device activation(after i reliaze it doesnt support self sign certificate base on UDS installation guide)

Now i have generated a ssl certificate which sign by our internal Microsoft CA, but not sure how to import to communication module. Do I have to reinstall the communication module in order to import ssl certificate for commucation module ? Please advise!

Thanks.

-danny

Contributor
airok
My Device: 9700

Re: SSL certificate for Communication Module

yes, you have to reinstall the communication module to import another SSL certificate.  that's what i did

Contributor
basher
My Device: 9790

sorry, but wouldn't it be sufficient to import the new SSL Certificate on the server hosting the Communication Module and modify the binding to the SSL certificate within IIS?

I never tried this but I think it's quicker then reinstalling the Communication Module.

Unfortunately, the installation guide and RIM's KB do not cover this topic so far.

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

It needs to be reinstalled so that the certificate is updated in the database as well. 

Contributor
basher
My Device: 9790

[ Edited ]

Thanks -BD- for clarifying this aspect! I have another question. If I change (not renew) the SSL certificate on the Communication Module, do I have to reactivate all devices previously activated?

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

It should have no effect on existing EA's.

Contributor
airok
My Device: 9700

no need to re-activate devices.

i changed SSL certificate once... it's just you need to reinstall the communication module