Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
DavePM
My Device: Bold 9900

Secure Connect Service and Router

Hi,

Why in gods name does the new Secure Connect Service in BES10.1 require a direct connection to the Blackberry Infrastructure on port3101 and not via our existing BB Router in the DMZ.

This completely defeats the point of having the Router in the DMZ in the first place.

Unless I am missing something? Happy to be corrected.

We have installed a brand new single server with BES10.1 on it, the BDS part has the option to define the SRP connect so it connects via the Router, but I can't see anything for UDS.

I can see it trying to connect to gb.bbsecure.com:3101 directly in the firewall logs.

Cheers

David

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Geolem1903
My Device: Z10 - STL100-2

Re: Secure Connect Service and Router

Just see the same things.

Happy to know that I'm not alone.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The BlackBerry Router manages the connection to the BlackBerry Infrastructure for the BlackBerry Device Service.

I dont see UDS mentioned anywhere

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Geolem1903

[ Edited ]

Dear knottyrope,

Except if i'm wrong... according to the release note, everything should pass trough the BES Router...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/52720/Whats_New_in_BlackBerry_Enterprise_Service_10...

What's new in BlackBerry Enterprise Service
10 version 10.1

Consolidate ports for managing iOS devices and Android devices: BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 no longer requires
you to open inbound ports in your organization's firewall to send activation and management traffic to iOS devices and
Android devices. Activation and management traffic for devices takes place over outbound-initiated, bi-directional port
3101, as it does for BlackBerry 10 devices and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chasdrury
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I asked a blackberry support tech about this - at the moment you can't tell UDS to use a router in the DMZ it is trying with direct connection only. YOu have to use a TCP proxy to forward the data.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavePM

Thats not great news. Why didn't they think people wouldn't want to punch a hole in their firewall (which we aren't allowed to do directly to internal servers).

The whole reason we went Blackberry was because of the router component seperating traffic.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chasdrury

Any ideas on how to configure a TCP proxy to acheive this? BB are saying they can't recommend a port proxy since there are many that will work.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DavePM

Sorry, I don't know much about setting up proxy servers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chasdrury

HEre is the KB article, published yesterday....

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34307

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Geolem1903

That sucks damned...
They are boring to do like this...
They have a wonderful solution to put a server in DMZ and now, we have to setup a SOCKS Proxy...

OMG :smileysad:
Please use plain text.