Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Secure Work Space - Push notification

[ Edited ]

In the Security log on the CAS server that is being used, I get the following data in an Audit Failure event. This is odd because the credentials are correct and the user obviously exists.

Failure Information:
Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
Sub Status: 0xc000006a

Anyone else seeing similar errors in their UDS and CAS logs?

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Super Contributor
swotam

I solved my authentication error problem by changing the password used for the account I was connecting with. It looks like the UDS server isn't passing the credentials properly if the password contains special characters.

Push still doesn't work though. In fact, I can't find any evidence that the UDS server is even talking to the CAS server, but there are no errors in the asg.log file on the UDS server so who knows what it's doing.

----------
New Contributor
guntoi
My Device: BB Z10, Secure Workspace on IOS/Anroid

Hi,

my asg.log shows  “[localhost-startStop-1] ERROR: EwsStartUpServiceImpl:117 - Failed to check in to /asg/v1/CheckIn with nodeKey <18 digit number>” errors but no NTLM Authentication errors. What I see on the exchange Server are schannel errors (Event ID 36887) every 2 minutes when the “Work Connect Notification Service” is running. After analyzing a network trace between Exchange and BES I found the following:

IP-Exch  IP-BES   TLSv1    289         Server Hello, Certificate, Server Hello Done

IP-BES IP-Exch   TLSv1    61           Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Certificate Unknown)

Due to the fact we have a private PKI I will now import our root certificates in the java truststore...

New Contributor
thejollyboys
My Device: z10

Guy's,

We have a similar issue that I have posted.

followed the less than impressive guide but still no notifications.

Error in asg log is

[2013-07-05 13:34:00,002] [schedulerFactory_Worker-8] INFO : EwsScheduleServiceImpl:141 - staring running polling email registrations from Adam server...
[2013-07-05 13:34:00,003] [schedulerFactory_Worker-8] ERROR: EwsScheduleServiceImpl:59 - ASG pulling is not running. You need to set adamBaseUrl with right value first....

and.

to set adamBaseUrl with right value first....
[2013-07-05 13:26:19,603] [http-apr-8088-exec-4] ERROR: NMUserDetailsService:185 - ADAM auth failed
[2013-07-05 13:26:19,614] [http-apr-8088-exec-4] ERROR: NMUserDetailsService:186 - ERROR - X509 key decoding failed.
com.openpeak.common.service.BusinessLogicException: X509 key decoding failed.

Anyone found anyhting yet, case open with RIM but no joy yet.

Super Contributor
swotam

I have a case open with RIM but no response yet. In my case it looks like the communication between the BES and EWS is working, and I can see entries in my asg.log file whenever an email is received by a Secure Work Space user, but I'm still not receiving anything on the iOS devices.

As mentioned in your other thread, it looks like you've got a config issue to resolve that might require a call to RIM.
----------
New Contributor
thejollyboys

When i send a test message i get this message in the asg file

[2013-07-06 18:36:00,003] [schedulerFactory_Worker-9] INFO : EwsScheduleServiceImpl:141 - staring running polling email registrations from Adam server...
[2013-07-06 18:36:00,004] [schedulerFactory_Worker-9] ERROR: EwsScheduleServiceImpl:59 - ASG pulling is not running. You need to set adamBaseUrl with right value first....
[2013-07-06 18:36:48,056] [http-apr-8088-exec-4] ERROR: NMUserDetailsService:185 - ADAM auth failed
[2013-07-06 18:36:48,059] [http-apr-8088-exec-4] ERROR: NMUserDetailsService:186 - ERROR - X509 key decoding failed.
com.openpeak.common.service.BusinessLogicException: X509 key decoding failed.
 at com.openpeak.common.util.CryptoUtils.decodeX509Key(CryptoUtils.java:278)
 at com.openpeak.asg.web.authentication.NMUserDetailsService.validateCredentails(NMUserDetailsService.java:106)
 at com.openpeak.asg.web.authentication.NMUserDetailsService.loadUserByUsername(NMUserDetailsService.java:183)
 at com.openpeak.asg.web.authentication.AsgDigestAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AsgDigestAuthenticationFilter.java:109)
 at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
 at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:150)
 at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
 at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
 at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
 at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
 at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
 at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
 at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
 at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:936)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
 at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004)
 at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:1822)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.spec.InvalidKeySpecException: java.security.InvalidKeyException: IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=127, too big.
 at sun.security.rsa.RSAKeyFactory.engineGeneratePublic(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.KeyFactory.generatePublic(Unknown Source)
 at com.openpeak.common.util.CryptoUtils.decodeX509Key(CryptoUtils.java:275)
 ... 27 more
Caused by: java.security.InvalidKeyException: IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=127, too big.
 at sun.security.x509.X509Key.decode(Unknown Source)
 at sun.security.x509.X509Key.decode(Unknown Source)
 at sun.security.rsa.RSAPublicKeyImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at sun.security.rsa.RSAKeyFactory.generatePublic(Unknown Source)
 ... 30 more
[2013-07-06 18:38:00,001] [schedulerFactory_Worker-10] INFO : EwsScheduleServiceImpl:141 - staring running polling email registrations from Adam server...
[2013-07-06 18:38:00,002] [schedulerFactory_Worker-10] ERROR: EwsScheduleServiceImpl:59 - ASG pulling is not running. You need to set adamBaseUrl with right value first....

Super Contributor
swotam

You'll have to solve the "adamBaseUrl" problem before it will work because right now your server isn't talking to RIM, which as far as I know it should be...
----------
New Contributor
thejollyboys

swotam,

Trouble is RIM are not looking in this area even though i pointed this out to them.

Super Contributor
swotam

My push notifications to the iOS Work Space started working today. I got a response from RIM support last night and it seems this was an issue on their end. They didn't say what, just that it was related to a recently fixed known issue.

So, if you've done the config and aren't seeing any errors in your logs, check to see if it's working now.
----------
Contributor
hobbitsgiant

Hi Swotam,

Did RIM mention whether this is a general fix or do they need to resolve it per incident?

I received a notification yesterday that there was a backend update however the push notification still doesn't work.

I will raise a ticket myself soon I guess. Thanks!