Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mgreen1066
My Device: Blackberry z10

Secure Work Space on Android not syncing emails

HI,

Background

BES 10.2.0.33

Exchange 2010

I have an issue with syncing email in the secure work space on android device running 4.2.2. I have activated the phone to the UDS but when setting up the email profile it staying on the screen waiting for sync, your email will appear soon. I can access my company intranet using the secure browser so I know it is connected

I have got this working on an iOS device perfectly fine. 

I have tried taking the SSL tick box out same issue. So put it back as the iPhone work with that setup.

Any help massively appreciated.

thanks

Regular Contributor
jlf175
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Secure Work Space on Android not syncing emails

Any luck on resolving this issue? Having similar problem here at our office

New Contributor
mgreen1066
My Device: Blackberry z10

Unfortunately not, I have a support case with blackberry. On another note the email does work on android 4.3 on a standing galaxy s4. But the mini on 4.2.2 not working.
Regular Contributor
jlf175

I would be very interested to know what you find out.  I've been deploying BB10 and iPhone/iPad devices with no problems but my first attempt with an Android (Galaxy S3.. or maybe S4?) has proven unsuccessful.

I see the device communicate with the BES10 server but like you the "syncing email" and animated circle just spins and spins. 

I'm about to get the user's phone and attempt to use my work account to ensure it's not anything on our Exchange server or Active Directory for that user just in case.

Contributor
moneymate
My Device: BES10 on 10.2

[ Edited ]

Same problem for me. I am using an Xperia M. I can use the work browser to connect to intranet sites, and the activation seemed to go through ok. I was asked for my password to setup the email account and it was accepted. But email won't sync. Note that I have an activesync prodile applied and this works flawlessly with 4-5 iphones here.

I tried this back about 6 months ago with the same phone and it was the same problem then.

Iphones seem to work better with BES10.

Regular Contributor
jlf175

Just as an update, one user has a Galaxy Note 3 and it didn't work for her with symptoms similar to what moneymate reported.  Another user with a regular Galaxy 3 worked fine on syncing.

On the Galaxy Note 3 I even went so far as to setup my user profile on her phone since I know my account works on my Z10.  I did this in case it was an issue on Exchange but this did not make a difference for her. 

Contributor
moneymate
My Device: BES10 on 10.2

jlf175-do you use a self signed cert on EWS or UDS?

Regular Contributor
jlf175

moneymate

Yes to both self-signed certs.

Here's the thing too. On Tuesday I spoke with the user again. She stated she "fooled around" with her phone over the weekend (power user) and after removing her name from BES and going through the setup again, everything worked and she's getting her information now, including emails.

So for now all I can do is chalk this up to some setting or settings that were wrong on her phone preventing BES from working for some reason.