Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
Tarracta
My Device: Z10

Secure Worspace works on Android, on iOS not!

Hello,

while the workspace app on android works fine, the iOS version doesn't show any emails and I can't send any, too. Just "Work Space connecting" all the time. The Logon-password to the server was checked and is okay (there comes an error message if I enter a wrong one). But the connection to intranet webpages via Work Space Browser works. APN certificate testing works, too

In the asg log, i got tons of this error messages:

[2013-07-09 14:48:00,003] [schedulerFactory_Worker-8] INFO : EwsScheduleServiceImpl:141 - staring running polling email registrations from Adam server...
[2013-07-09 14:48:00,003] [schedulerFactory_Worker-8] ERROR: EwsScheduleServiceImpl:59 - ASG pulling is not running. You need to set adamBaseUrl with right value first....

May there be a relationship? Anyone got the same error?

Maybe I've to open a case, it's the 3rd complete clean server-reinstall since April and everytime anything doesn't work...frustrated :No:

Super Contributor
swotam

Re: Secure Worspace works on Android, on iOS not!

I'd suggest opening a case with RIM. There are a couple of others who have similar issues here and the "you need to set adamBaseUrl with right value" error seems to be a common thread.

As far as I can tell, the asg.log file and the Adam server is related to Push notifications to iOS devices. You might want to look at the logs under the Logs\Workspace folder to see if there is anything helpful there.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor
misquote

Tarracta: did you find a solution for this?

Contributor
mvannessjr
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3

Greetings misquote,

There have been several recent threads that I have responded to as I just went through this issue today with my BES.

The first document that helped me the most was this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34664

After following these directions, I was able to progress beyond the adamBaseUrl issue.  Specifically the adamBaseUrl seems to be configured after the BlackBerry Work Connect Notification Service is configured with an ActiveSync profile.

In any case, please feel free to include some information from your log file as it's rather a shot in the dark as to what may work for you without knowing what you have done so far.

Mark
Systems Analyst
---
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4 (Bundle 100)
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.1.1
Microsoft Exchange 2013

Contributor
Tarracta

I did this, but this doesn't resolve my problem. It still doesn't connect to the Exchange... a Case is open but still no resolution.

Contributor
mvannessjr

Can you browse to the URL you put in the ActiveSync config using a browser?  It should bring you to an XML page.

Mark
Systems Analyst
---
Microsoft Exchange 2013

Contributor
Tarracta

Yes, this site is displayed...

New Contributor
8dmin1272

I do have a similar / the same problem.

In addition when I click on "Test Connection" in the "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Configuration" on UDS I get an error if I use the complete ActiveSync URL

https://servername.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

In the asg.log I'm getting

ERROR: EwsStartUpServiceImpl:117 - Failed to check in to /asg/v1/CheckIn with nodeKey ***********************

and in the BlackBerryAdministrationConsole.log I can see

Jul 23 17:59:49 [RestTemplate] [WARN ] [http-6443-3] : PUT request for "https://servername.domain.com:9081/util/tenant/2/test/activesync/1" resulted in 500 (Internal Server Error); invoking error handler
Jul 23 17:59:49 [UwpLogger] [INFO ] [http-6443-3] : 4B02E0B8E6969F5BC230C364E9BAE691 (AbstractEntityDao.java:75) : Dao Trace: Handling exception for REST call: 500 Internal Server Error using URI https://servername.domain.com:9081/util/tenant/2/test/activesync/1
Jul 23 17:59:49 [UwpLogger] [INFO ] [http-6443-3] : 4B02E0B8E6969F5BC230C364E9BAE691 (AbstractEntityCache.java:49) : Entity Trace: Read called (cached) for /gatewayactivesync_1
Jul 23 17:59:49 [UwpLogger] [INFO ] [http-6443-3] : 4B02E0B8E6969F5BC230C364E9BAE691 (AbstractEntityCache.java:49) : Entity Trace: CacheExpire called for /gatewayactivesync_1
Jul 23 17:59:49 [UwpLogger] [INFO ] [http-6443-3] : 4B02E0B8E6969F5BC230C364E9BAE691 (AbstractEntityCache.java:49) : Entity Trace: Update serial number for /gatewayactivesync_2
Jul 23 17:59:49 [UwpLogger] [ERROR] [http-6443-3] : 4B02E0B8E6969F5BC230C364E9BAE691 (ActiveSyncSettingsController.java:461) : ERROR_REST Failed to verify Exchange Active Sync server connection status
com.rim.mdm.dao.exception.ApplicationException: 500 Internal Server Error using URI https://servername.domain.com:9081/util/tenant/2/test/activesync/1
    at com.rim.mdm.dao.impl.AbstractDaoImpl.getStatusBasedApplicationException(AbstractDaoImpl.java:288)
    at com.rim.mdm.dao.impl.AbstractDaoImpl.makeRestCall(AbstractDaoImpl.java:241)
    at com.rim.mdm.dao.impl.AbstractDaoImpl.makeRestCall(AbstractDaoImpl.java:94)
    at com.rim.mdm.dao.impl.TenantDaoImpl.testExchangeActiveSyncServer(TenantDaoImpl.java:148)
    at com.rim.mdm.service.impl.ActiveSyncServiceImpl.activeSyncServerConnectionTest(ActiveSyncServiceImpl.java:56)
    at com.rim.mdm.mvc.settings.ActiveSyncSettingsController.testActiveSyncConnection(ActiveSyncSettingsController.java:450)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor195.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:212)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:126)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:96)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:617)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:578)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:80)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:900)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:827)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.ShallowEtagHeaderFilter.doFilterInternal(ShallowEtagHeaderFilter.java:58)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at com.rim.mdm.filter.VSJSupportFilter.doFilter(VSJSupportFilter.java:234)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
    at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
    at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
    at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
    at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:323)
    at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
    at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
    at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
    at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
    at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
    at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
    at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:615)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.springframework.web.client.HttpServerErrorException: 500 Internal Server Error
    at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:78)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponseError(RestTemplate.java:486)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:443)
    at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:415)
    at com.rim.mdm.dao.impl.AbstractDaoImpl.makeRestCall(AbstractDaoImpl.java:200)
    at com.rim.mdm.dao.impl.AbstractDaoImpl.makeRestCall(AbstractDaoImpl.java:94)
    at com.rim.mdm.dao.impl.TenantDaoImpl.testExchangeActiveSyncServer(TenantDaoImpl.java:148)
    at com.rim.mdm.service.impl.ActiveSyncServiceImpl.activeSyncServerConnectionTest(ActiveSyncServiceImpl.java:56)
    at com.rim.mdm.mvc.settings.ActiveSyncSettingsController.testActiveSyncConnection(ActiveSyncSettingsController.java:450)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor195.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:212)
    at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:126)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:96)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:617)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:578)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:80)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:900)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:827)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.ShallowEtagHeaderFilter.doFilterInternal(ShallowEtagHeaderFilter.java:58)
    at com.rim.mdm.filter.VSJSupportFilter.doFilter(VSJSupportFilter.java:234)
    at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:311)
    at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:116)
    at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83)
    at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
    at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:101)
    at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
    at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:54)
    at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
    at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:182)
    at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
    at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:173)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
    at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:615)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--------------------------------

If I use just

https://servername.domain.com/

the test result is success.

I don't know if this is all related, but in the end at the iPhone the result is the same.... it just shows "Work space connecting ...." for 1-2 seconds and then the app on the phone crashes (based on the console log of the phone).

Any hints?

Thanks

Wolfgang

Contributor
mvannessjr

The first error, Node Checkin is unrelated and appears on a working site.

Have you verified your ActiveSync URL?  Open the Exchange PowerShell on your mail server and type this command:

Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory | Select name, *url* | fl

This should give you the URL's you're looking for, specifically the Internal URL.  If you have a mismatch, this is where I would start to resolve your problem.  Let me know the results!

Also make sure that you have Basic Authentication enabled on the EWS branch of your IIS configuration on the exchange server.

Mark
Systems Analyst
---
Microsoft Exchange 2013

New Contributor
8dmin1272

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked the ActiveSync URL already and to be sure right now again. As far as I can say it's correct (it works for other phones with direct connection without any problems).

We have 4 Exchange Servers and use one as CAS for all others (redirect).

Therefore we use an URL like https://webmail.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx instead the real https://servername.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.

I also tried the "real" and/or other servers as well. Still not successfull.

I already followed the KB-articel regarding the impersonation and SSL certificate distribution.

Basic authentication AND integrated windows authentication is both enabled as we need the integrated for redirecting requests to the appropriate Exchange server and basic for iPhones to connect.

So from this point of view everything seems right....

Best regards

Wolfgang