Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Passport + Z10
My Carrier: Tim

Secure work space arrived...

...and I'm happy!

I did the upgrade to 10.1.1 just today, all worked fine.

Upgraded also the BES 10 Client on the IOS device (Ipad) and installed the secure work space and successfully activated the device.

But the device "complain" with a message "Work space required, you need a work space on your device to use this app. Please contact your administrator".

What I need to do?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Secure work space arrived...

In the UDS make sure you have a workspace created, as well as a policy configured. Then make sure the work space, and the policy are applied to the device (drag and drop from console)

Contributor

Thank you...

the Work space IT Policy  is configured and applied but under the work space itself I can't add nothing (there is no "+" )

the server docs are not so usefoul, for the work space it bouncing between UDS advanced admin guide and BES 10 Admin guide...

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

This all is a total mess from Blackberry...

However: After you installed the license for secure workspace you have to drag and drop the WorkSpace from the right into your users group or directly to the user.

https://www.blackberry.com/lms/item/3ca8b3d7-1f41-3823-adcf-266beca55250

With this it worked for me but now I hang with the mail account setup on the device.

It says: "Unable to verify account details"

We use Notes Traveler not Exchange.

Has anyone an idea?

Contributor

Now works!!

The first time you login into UDS web console you have to check the work space configuration into "settings" menu.

After this check you can apply the Secure work space profile to yor user.

Nice...

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Hello,

same issue like bb-dave.

Using Traveler server for Active Sync. Getting the same error message.

I have checked the slide show and i have seen the prerequisites of which server do you need in order to setup the mail account. There is no Traveler server listed. Hopefully that they just have forgot to list the traveler server. Otherwise ...   Smiley Surprised(

In addition, they do not tell the format to set into the AS server field. Is it traveler.server/traveler oder just the hostname ... like BDS profile!??

Huby

Contributor

Hello Huby,

bad luck again: in this Documentation (

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/54276/BES10_v10.1.1_Enterprise_solution_comparison_...

on top of page 3 there is a Note that shows "* Secure Work Space for Android devices and iOS devices supports Microsoft Exchange only"

Love it! Smiley Mad

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Thanks for the information.

Thats, in common, the problem with brand new services or applications. You get an error, you feel that you must have done a mistake during configuration, searching the error message for hours, checking other possibilities and at the end, very shortly before throwing the device out of the window, you recognize that only MS is supported .... i cannot find words for it.

So i have to tell my traveler customers to not setup secure work space at this moment.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I am running UDS on Traveler.  My email settings took much changing to get it to work correctly.  

Traveler server (this only works from the internet, so you need to have your Traveler server reachable from the internet OR have a reverse proxy OR VPN to get back to the Traveler server.  I hope that in the new version, it will be more like the BDS where the BB10 server is the proxy.  

Email Hostname:  mobile.fictional.com:443

Email address for me I set to: %UserEmailAddress%

Username: %UserName%

It seems that if you forget to populate the %UserName% field, it will not even prompt for a password at all.

Contributor

Ok now it works for me too (not with secure space) !
I use a Reverse Proxy to access the traveler via Internet and for Email Hostname i have to choose traveler.abc.com/traveler

So this works now but without security feature it's worthless. I can have this for free with the traveler server only!