Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
evant
My Device: Bold 9780

Security Policy issues - Message classification.

Hi All,

There seems to be some issues with Security policy settings on BES 5.0.2 (Bundle 36)

"Message Classification Title" posts 'Classification:' in the body of the email, it will not allow a blank entry. i.e. just the classification without the 'Classification:' prefix. Is there any way to remove this?

The 'Subject Suffix' field is limited to 32 characters. Is tehre a way to increase the amount of characters in this field?

Thinking that these limits may be hard coded.

Regards,

Evan

Contributor
MisterGriffiths
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Security Policy issues - Message classification.

I'm not going to pretend I know much about using Message Classification on BlackBerry so would be interested to know how you are using it.

At the bottom of the Security IT Policy tab, there is a Message Classification Display Name, Subject Suffix and Minimum Actions section. What have you poputated in these fields?

I think they intended for the Subject Suffix field to be a short code, something like (U) for Unclassified. At least this is what they wrote in the manual on this subject.

New Contributor
evant
My Device: Bold 9780

http://www.finance.gov.au/e-government/security-and-authentication/docs/EmailProtectiveMarkingStandard2011... 

Is what is to be complied with, and in versions 4.x you could do this.

Change for the worse from the look of it.    

As BES strips all X-Header info the full classification must go in the subject line...

[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED, CAVEAT=SENSITIVE:smileytongue:ERSONAL]

...and such simply does not fit.

Contributor
MisterGriffiths
My Device: Not Specified

Nice document. I'm now quietly hoping we never have any dealings with the Australian Government :smileywink: