If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
semarch
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Sending BES email alerts when accounts are created, activated, and deleted

Hello,

I am setting up a new BES Server for Microsoft Exchange 2010.  The version is 5.0.3.  I currently have an older BES Server 5.0.1 that supports our Exchange 2003 environment.  Somehow it is configured to send email alerts whenever a BES account is created, activated, and deleted by a BES administrator.  The email message received is in the following format:

<N/A> | BlackBerry Messaging Agent <BES SERVER NAME> Agent 2 (Application Event Log on <BES SERVERNAME>) | 08/29/2011 09:40:37  (6FFFC3AF) -> [AUDIT] <User name> - User removed from the BES

I see that the old BES server is configured in the "Alert" section (BlackBerry Solution topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view > Alert ) to email at the event level "error" and I configured the 5.0.3 server with the exact same settings but I haven't received any emails from the new server. 

Does anyone know that if this is the right section and how the BES server is sending these notifications?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tweedle
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

Re: Sending BES email alerts when accounts are created, activated, and deleted

So do you check smtp settings in EX 2010 CAS servers? You must allow to send smtp messages from your bes server ip. Check in bes console in alert component configuration is everything is set up correctly.
This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tweedle
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

Re: Sending BES email alerts when accounts are created, activated, and deleted

If you set all corectly you can recive a other information like restart services, number of users without initialize. Don't change from error to information :smileyhappy: if you don't want recive lots of e-mails. Belive me I make this changes and recive like 700 messages in one hour. :smileyhappy:
This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Please use plain text.