Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sending Switch Service command to device, Source SRPID T89285196, Destination SRPID T61626416

I just changed my SRP ID for BES and now everyone is getting this message in the event logs and no one in the entire company is getting email now! 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sending Switch Service command to device, Source SRPID T89285196, Destination SRPID T61626416

The BlackBerry Enterprise Server services must be running during the process and should not be restarted for at least 4 hours afterward to allow the process enough time to complete.

How long have you waited for the new service books to be sent out?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Re: Sending Switch Service command to device, Source SRPID T89285196, Destination SRPID T61626416

Well I rebooted twice already I will stop rebooting I thought it was an issue.  I will let it keep running now been up and running without a reboot for about 45 minutes now.   

Contributor

Is there anyway to check to see who finished processing?  Is there a queue or something we have a lot of users taking care of disasters down in Nashville TN and they are not in the office.  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

When did you reboot? right after the SRP change or when you noticed them not getting email?

How many users?

IIRC if you reboot, then the devices have no way of knowing how to get in touch with BES since it will appear gone to the RIM NOC.

Might need to call support for more help, I think you need to put in the old SRP info and do it again maybe. But the devices that have the new info will get lost in the shuffle.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

None of the SRP information is updating for any of the users.  If you go into security options --> Information --> UID its still old.  -

+

Contributor

Was on the phone with RIM support for 5 hours basically I have to wipe and reactivate everyone awesome!!!  I am starting to wish i used Windows Mobile.  

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

Best would be a migration kit to move users to a new server with new SRP in the future.

Might not have to wipe them, try deleting the DESKTOP service books first. Wipe if that dont work.

Users should also backup their device if they have apps installed, but BES will have a lot of info backed up on it.

Mind telling me when you rebooted BES after you made the SRP change in minutes?