Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
root66
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Mobilkom

Server 5 Express and Server 10 on same public IP but internal on different boxes

Hi,

I'm just setting up the BES 10 Server as we have the first Z10 device which is no longer supported by our Blackberry Enterprise Server Express 5 - now my problem is, that we forwarded the port 3101 to the Express 5 Server and the BES 10 Server will become a new Win2012 Server box with different internal IP.

Is there any chance to have Express 5 and BES 10 running at the same time with that configuration as it'll take months to get all Users new OS10 devices....

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Server 5 Express and Server 10 on same public IP but internal on different boxes

you dont forard the port to BES, you make it outbound initiated bi directional

using same external IP for both BES 5 and 10 is fine

Firewall and connection requirements for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Device Service...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
root66

Re: Server 5 Express and Server 10 on same public IP but internal on different boxes

[ Edited ]

At BES5 Express i'd to set also the incomming port including NAT to the BES5 Express Server - so this NAT is not required even for BES 5 Express?

One additional note: i didn't install the BES10 Router (not possible to install on the same Server and don't want another box just for this), so it should go directly to BB Infrastructure.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I just allow port 3101 outgoing on TMG 2010 or on my Sonicwall with out issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
root66

Thanks, i'll test that and kick out NAT and just leave outbound TCP 3101 open :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.