Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
CBRD
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Server Options

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone;

I am trying to decipher the new requirements for the BB 10 which sound great using the new  Enterprise service 10, however we have an existing BB Server Express 5.x for our OS 6.X  & 7.x devices. 

I cannot find a concrete answer if we move entirely to BBES 10 if it will manage the older devices or whether i run both , with (I call it Fusion) overlapping the existing express set up??  Can someone please clarify? Thank you.

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: Server Options

BES10 needs BES5 to handle the legacy devices. With the BlackBerry Management Studio you can manage users/devices for the new server and the old one.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

need BES express on SP4 and then add a new server or VM fro BES 10

only SQl 2008 and server 2008 supported for BES 10

Blackberry Enterprise Server compatibility chart
http://us.blackberry.com/support/software/server_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
CBRD
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the clarification. To add flies to the ointment, I have some OS 4.x devices still. Does anyone have an opinion on waititng until the May 2013 release of the software? Sounds like the new "edition" will be much simpler integration.

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Don't know if it is simpler with the new version :smileywink:
And for your OS 4.x devices - they are compatible with BES 5. So our statements above are still valid for that