Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
Accepted Solution

Setting up email account on Q10

Hi,

I am currently trying to setup an Exchange/Outlook email account for an employee at my work who just got a new Q10.  The employee has an enterprise plan with AT&T and our company uses a BES server to forward Exchange email to all of our BBs.  This is my first go around with a Q10 as before this we had been using nothing but Bolds.

The network admin created an account for the employee on the BES server and I went through the very easy setup process.  I enter an activation code my admin gave me, the phone verified and went through all the setup prompts for the email account.  At the end it asked to enter in an email password as the last step in setting the account up.  I used the employees network password that they would use to login to a Windows AD network environment.

After entering in the network password it seems to have successfully created the account but with one problem...I get no emails coming into the phone.  I've tried changing the password but it only accepts the network login password (which makes sense).

Our BES server is located out at a branch of our division on the West Coast while our location is on the East Coast.  When we tried adding an employee out on the West Coast's email it worked perfectly fine.  But out here, we can't get any email forwarded to our employee who does need this capability.  We checked our firewall for any block RPC traffic and saw none.

Can anyone help?  :-)

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: Setting up email account on Q10

Hi,

Ask your BESADMIN to check if the email profile has been assigned to your account ?

Also just in case...do the east and west coast use the same Exchange server? :smileywink:

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

Hi fermanagh.

We do use separate Exchange Servers but under the same forest with the West coast server being the primary. The admin setup the account to point to either one of them and still nothing. I can check to be sure the admin assigned the email profile to the employees account, I believe she did though. Thank you for your help!
New Contributor

One other thing I forgot to mention is the BES server that we're working with is BES 5 and not BES 10.  Coud it be I need to setup a BES server out on the East Coast?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Q10 will not work on BES 5, you need to install BES 10 or use active sync only

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I actually was mistaken. The BESAdmin also has BES 10. Just two active accounts on it until now with our employee being third. I'll double check though to be sure the admin has the employee account added in BES 10.
New Contributor

OK, I think I may have found the possible problem.  I decided to check my Exchange server Event Viewer App log and found this:

"

Exchange ActiveSync doesn't have sufficient permissions to create the "CN=Guenard\, John,OU=Staff,OU=Users,OU=PA-Site,DC=edd,DC=l-3com,DC=com" container under Active Directory user "Active Directory operation failed on DC001PA.edd.l-3com.com. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied.

Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-031521D0, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

".

Make sure the user has inherited permission granted to domain\Exchange Servers to allow List, Create child, Delete child of object type "msExchActiveSyncDevices" and doesn't have any deny permissions that block such operations.

Details:%3"

I googled the error and found this article.

Event ID 1053

I attempted to run the resolution that it suggested but I am still getting the error.  It seems to occur once exactly every hour.  Has anyone ever run into this before?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Did you try this resolution ? Is this the only user affected?

To work around this issue, assign the Exchange Servers group the right to change permissions against msExchActiveSyncDevices objects. To do this, follow these steps:

Start Active Directory Users and Computers.

Click View, and then click to enable Advanced Features.

Right-click the object where you want to change the Exchange Server permissions, and then click Properties.

Note You can change permissions against a user, an organizational unit, or a domain.

On the Security tab, click Advanced.

Click Add, type Exchange Servers, and then click OK.

In the Apply to box, click Descendant msExchActiveSyncDevices objects.

Under Permissions, click to enable Modify Permissions.

Click OK three times.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

Yes, this worked after I changed the Domain\Exchange Server with Descendant msExchActiveSyncDevices user to have list, Create child, delete child and also click check box to include inheritable permissions from this object's parent. After I did this it worked liek a charm. Thanks for all your help everyone.