Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: BB 9810

Small Environment but Want to upgrade to BB10, but problems with old MS Server

Been doing some research and decided to come here for help.

Very small environment, only have 2 BB 9810's on BES4.1.4 bundle 143 running on a SBS 2003 server with exchange. 

I know I can't run BES10 on that old SBS 2003 box, but upgrading the server right now is a major task and I'm not up for it. 

I have been reading that I can drop a SBS 2008 R2 box into my environment which will run the BES10 software and allow me to upgrade my 2 BB's to BB10.  Is this true? 

Are there any docs about doing this (running BES10 on a stand alone server?)

Would I need to join the 2008 R2 box to my 2003 domain? or I could just run it stand alone?

Now that the new BB's are out (soon to have the Q10 available), I'm really getting excited to do this.  Having played with a Z10 for a while I now know just how dated my 9810 really is.  It has served me well, but it's no match for the newer BB's.

Any help you an provide is greatly appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Small Environment but Want to upgrade to BB10, but problems with old MS Server

This question has been discussed in depth and answers proposed on your corresponding CrackBerry.com post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-f321/any-way-run-bes-10-a-807308/

Just wanted to close the loop on this post.