Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafon

So long to Blackberry after 2 brocken units within 2 weeks- killing your time and your business

All,

I can only say that this Q10 units are not fully developed from the hardware end. I had like many many users in this forum difficulties that you could just use the phone with headsets or putting all calls on speaker (which than kills all security Q10 is introducing as all surrounding can hear 100% of conversation plain). Ok this can happen, got a repalcement unit last week which has the second hardware issue, this time with a over sensitive "w" key making it impossible to use the keybord. This defect has also been reportes in many forums for almost every key you can name. 

I'm disappointed that RIM is not even concentarting on their Key Key objectives like delivering a safe phone (allowing privecy within call is base) and making sure that the BB unique keybord is functioning as advertized and known from many versions before.

Finally I have to give it up and will move on monday to a windows phone (no keybord / bigger size). I would like to stay but after 15 hours of work changing the q10 units with the link and all the hazzel around the ID setups- I will move on before BB Q10 is going to kill my own busieness and clients I have to take care of.

This unit is obviewsly deigned to crack.....and has an outgoing control check which is lacking behing the todays industrial standards. On top, people here in Germany do not support BB anyways as it becomes more and more a self looking device which is overengineerd in therms of all access codes but does not have basic functionallity long therm.

Please people from BB- never bring a device into market for such elevated costs and have it failing on and on. This is a business device and many of us can not stand to be looked off for days and days.

Best regards and so long BB

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BES12 - Passport
My Carrier: Hutchison Drei

Re: So long to Blackberry after 2 brocken units within 2 weeks- killing your time and your business

Hi Steffen, thats pour. We use q10 devices in german too in a BES10 Infrastruktur, and all of them working fine. Some Menuparameter and device settings let me sometime confusing too, but feel happy with WP8 Phones it will be not better. ;-) (we use some IOS, Android and WP8 Users for std business use, BB for security reasons.. Hope you enjoy your new WP8.1 Device ;-)
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: So long to Blackberry after 2 brocken units within 2 weeks- killing your time and your business

sorry for you bad luck with your devices, we have about 40 in use and have not seen those issues

possible you got two bad units in a row which is rare

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V