Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Sync All Folders: Is this the solution?

[ Edited ]

Hello all.  We have a BES 10.1 setup using Exchange 2010.  While activating some Z10 devices recently, I noticed that after initially activating, there was a screen where you can pick to Sync email, calendar, and so on.  Most were set to On by default, except Sync All Folders.  This was Off, and also was grayed out.  My first thought was that this is something only the BES10 admin (me) can set, but I looked all over the BES10 instance and saw nothing. 

Then I looked at about 8 or 9 forum threads, and it seems most people deal with this directly on the device by going to an Edit Folder Settings option somewhere in the settings for their work email account. 

So first, my question is: Is this how it's done, or is there a server-side setting to allow (or force) all folders to sync? 

And now to our problem;  Users are saying that they sometimes encounter a thing where they see an email on their Z10 phone, but cannot see that same email in Outlook.  What if the person had moved that email to perhaps a subfolder or deleted it to where it goes to Deleted Items in Outlook, does that make it that the Z10 would not know, since it does not have Sync All Folders set to On?  I do not have a Z10 right now to test with. 

Thank you. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Re: Sync All Folders: Is this the solution?

Hello viProCon,

Thank you for your question regarding Syncing Folders.

That is correct, it is a device side setting. By default only the root Inbox is synced to the device. If you follow this path Settings -> Accounts -> Edit Folder Settings then you can choose other subfolders that you would like to sync to the device.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!