Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
HBShook
My Device: 9650

Sync Service Restarts

Hey guys,

We're on 5.0.3 MR4, on Server 2003, with a mixed Exchange 2007/2010. We have approximately 500 people on this server (we have 2). This weekend we moved to a new data-center so BES was down for around 24 hours.  Nothing changed aside from server location. 

Now the BB Sync Service restarts at random.  I've researched and could not find anything related in KBs or the forums, and am absolutely at a loss.  We've had absolutely 0 issues before this move and I cannot come up with a reason as to why this would happen.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sync Service Restarts

any info in the MAGT or MAST logs?

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HBShook
My Device: 9650

Re: Sync Service Restarts

Duh, will do.  What's strange is that the service seems to have stabilized now.

I did fail to mention that yesterday, I found  that when they moved the server (unfortunately I was traveling during the move and had to delegate) they didn't re-connect the external drive used for BES logs.  So for the time being yesterday I moved the log location to the server.

It seems plausible, albeit kind of strange, that the server being unable to create logs could have affected things?

I will search through the logs I do have and post what I find!

Please use plain text.