Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
jhoop2002
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Sync entire mailbox

I have a few users that want their entire inbox to sync with their phone, so we are talking about just the inbox folder.  Not the entire mailbox and also talking about any email in the inbox folder (whether its read, unread, old, whatever). 

When I set them up, only some of the emails downloaded to their phone.  Some went back to sunday, others last wednesday (read unread status didn't matter).  Whats going on here??  Is there some setting somewhere that is causing this?  These users don't have massive inbox's (maybe 50 emails).

We just did a brand new install, so BES 5.0 with all new phones (storm, tour, perl flip).

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sync entire mailbox

It only prepopulates up to 14 days or 750 emails if you set it that high.

You can search the inbox on devices with OS 4.5 and higher which usually eliminates the need to sync all of it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhoop2002

Ok, is there anyway I can change that setting?  Even if only for a few users.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Change how the BlackBerry Enterprise Server downloads a user's existing email messages

onto the BlackBerry device

By default, the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server synchronizes the headers of 200 messages from the previous 5 days onto a

BlackBerry device when you activate it. If you change the BlackBerry Enterprise Server settings so that it synchronizes the headers

and body of messages onto a BlackBerry device when you activate it, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server can synchronize up to 750

messages from the previous 14 days.

1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the
Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution topology> BlackBerry Domain > Component view > Email.

2. Click the instance that you want to change.

3. Click Edit instance.4. On the

Messaging tab, in the Message prepopulation settings section, perform the following actions:

• To synchronize the body and headers of messages onto a BlackBerry device, in the Send headers only drop-down list,click

False.

• To specify the number of previous days that you want to synchronize messages from, in the Prepopulation by messageage

field, type a number.

• To specify the maximum number of messages that you want to synchronize, in the Prepopulation by message count

field, type a number.

5. Click Save all.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhoop2002

Thanks, would there be a way to push (or pull) the messages that were not pre-populated?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

You can sync with desktop manager.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhoop2002

Thanks.
Please use plain text.