Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
aplondon
My Device: Bold 9900

Sync error with NOTES on Outlook for Mac 2011 and BES device

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 running on a hosted Exchange server with BES. Using Outlook for Mac 2011. There are no issues I can see due to Outlook for Mac because the entries are correct when I also check on them on Outlook through web browser - therefore they are correctly syncing from my desktop to the server.

The mail,contacts an tasks all sync properly. However, Notes does not syn properly. On the BB Memopad, about half of the enteries are correct. Other half, have most of the initial 50%  the entry stripped out, so I have a many unintelligble part Memopad entries. I can't find any pattern in which entries work and which won't. I thought I had found a solution by entry the name of Note as the first line, but this has stopped working. 

When I sync the other way, by creating an entry on the BB, it correctly syncs with Outlook without any issues.

Does anyone have the same issue ? Any solutions ? Is is due to BES server issue ? Or is there a problem with the translation from the text encoding in the sync chain from Outlook > BES > BB ?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sync error with NOTES on Outlook for Mac 2011 and BES device

is there more than 4k characters? if yes then the notes will be truncated on device

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
aplondon
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Sync error with NOTES on Outlook for Mac 2011 and BES device

No there is usually less than 250 characters. No big notes.

Have been playing with it again. Only solution seems to strip out the suspect notes on BB and then retype as whole new notes on Mac and then they seem to transfer correctly. Unfortunately, I have over 200 notes to transfer in this manner which is a painful task. Also, I don't want to keep doing this in the future.

Any other thoughts ?