Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
rhaker
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tele2

Telco problem, can we work around this?

Hi there, Some background info. My telco here in The Netherlands is Tele2, they used to use cellular infrastructure from a telco called Telfort, no problems there. A few years ago Telfort was bought by a competing telco, KPN. KPN is the biggest competitor of Tele2 here, so it's to be expected things aren't going very smooth at the moment. To make it even more complex, before all this Tele2 bought a company called Versatel, we -the company I work for- used to be a Versatel customer. One of the problems I have with my Blackberry devices (we're running BES) is that that wrong service books are being set. the APN is: internet.versatel.nl, but in the service books there are entries for Telfort. Without the right service books, BES and the standard browser don't work. If I remove the wrong service books, enter the APN manually and use a 3rd party browser (Opera in this case) I can access the internet, but BES still refuses to work. Is there a way to push the right service books using BES? I imagine I have to hook up the BB to USB or WiFi to do that. We're running BES 5.0 btw. Our telco is 'busy' moving their customers to a different cellular network, but they're not expected the move to be finished this year.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Telco problem, can we work around this?

I dont know of a way to do that with service books.

It is a carrier issue.

You can test the plans with

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhaker
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tele2

Meh, formatting went out of the window somehow and turned my post into a wall of text. Anyway, I know it's a carrier problem. I have talked to the telco and they are busy getting Blackberry support going, both in the form of BIS and BES. Of course the official roll out is scheduled for Q4. I was hoping that maybe there's a way to work around the current situation, because heaven forbid, why would anyone get BES working without full carrier support? It's not like Exchange Activesync that just works.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

unfotuneatly you are at the mercy of the carriers.

EAS just works? I have more issues with Windoze mobile devices and iphones than I have ever had with BlackBerry. EAS is only 30% user base and 90% of my problems here.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.