Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Juberish
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Templating Default Themes and Icon Locations

We have an enterprise environment where we spend a lot of time setting up icon locations and display settings for newly activated blackberries. Is there a way to set up a default profile with settings and an icon arrangement that is custom that can be pushed to all our new activations?

I have tried using the desktop manager software to backup and then restore a profile, but the icon arranagement does not change to our setup from restoring this way.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Templating Default Themes and Icon Locations

You can push a theme to a device but user still need to enable it

you can not set the arrangment with a backup and restore

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Juberish

So can theme's dictate icon locations on the phone?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont think so but I have not made  theme yet

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Juberish

This seems like a request that must arise in other enterprise environments. When you have thousands of bberry users it makes sense to want to standardize their icon locations so you can more easily walk them through troubleshooting or configuration steps. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I understand but BES can not do everything everyone wants.

possible BES 10 will offer more

Please use plain text.