Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
pmeuser
My Device: Not Specified

The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to connect to the device that is connected to your computer

I try to associate the first Playbook in our lab to a user, but always get the error message "The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to connect to the device that is connected to your computer".

1. BlackBerry Device Manager is 6.0.0.44, BBDevMgr is 4.2.0.15

2. I am using BlackBerry Device Service with IE9 (BDS is trusted site)

2. tried it with WiFi activated/deactivated on the Playbook

No luck. Any clues?

Peter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jkurlanski
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to connect to the device that is connected to your computer

I have a Playbook which was previously associated, then securely wiped. Now when we try to "Reactivate the current device for current user", there is a confirm screen, then the error:

"The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to connect to the device that is connected to your computer."

Help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jkurlanski

Re: The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to connect to the device that is connected to your computer

[ Edited ]

Problem Solved: 

First we removed the user and device from Fusion, still no help.

Then wipe device via onboard "Security Wipe".  No help.

Tried various iterations on local user account (admin, no admin etc) no help.

Then a hard wipe  - Turn off Playbook, Start Blackberry Desktop, Connect PlayBook to USB cable while still off. Wait. Eventually the playbook will look like its starting and the Desktop software may try to connect, but you will eventually get an error with an "UPDATE" button from the Desktop software. Selecting Update will reload the playbook back to factory.

Still no help.

Finally, I needed to be a local administrator on the machine in order for the web console to properly access the device to activate it.  (again, we tried this before the hard wipe, but it didn't work then)
So a combination of factory reset/hard wipe and needing to be a local administrator.  (Really RIM? You need to be local administrator on the desktop? How 90's of you.)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mvonkdahvo
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Did all the required stuff listed in this thread. But I still get the same error: The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to connect to the device that is connected to your computer.

- Configured the firewall for RIMProxy

- Imported the certificate

- Set the BDS website as a trusted website in IE

- Have installed PB version 2.0.0.7971 three times now (once as suggested during a hard wipe (wipe it and as soon as the Desktop Manager tries to connect, updat it))

- I am local admin on the workstation

Any other ideas, anyone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jkurlanski

I also disabled wifi and bluetooth.  Not sure if it'll help, but  I had read on other forums of issues with wifi and/or bluetooth connectivity interfering with the usb connection.

Please use plain text.
derfe00
My Device: kahufjhj
My Carrier: kldgfhhn

oh thanks

Please use plain text.