Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Developer
geh_dirt
My Device: Bold (9650), Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

This forum and RIM Support, ROCKS!... Thank you for the many lessons I have learned...

As I am making the final repairs to my botched install of Mobile Fusion Studio, I thought I should share my learning experience with this community that has helped guide me, along with the outstanding support team at RIM.

Mistake number 1...  You can not run the install of any of these tools, without first working with your AD Admin to set up the Service Account with the proper permissions.  Also known as... READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, OR ELSE YOU WILL FAIL!

Mistake number 2...  The latest version of Lotus Notes Traveler (8.5.3.3 with Upgrade Pack 1), does not allow the PlayBook to connect, so your BDS environment will be useless, unless you have a Traveler server that is not running Upgrade Pack 1 (8.5.3.3 itself, will work perfectly).

Mistake number 3...  If you install any of these tools on a server that is running Domino or has any other IIS web sites running, you need to pay very close attention to the ports that are configured for each service.  Unless you are installing each of these products on their own server, you cannot accept the defaulted port numbers.

Mistake number 4...  You should not use a "Wild Card" SSL certificate ( *.domain.com), when setting up the UDS server.  In my install, it could not set up the IIS environment correctly, and it used the Thumbprint from the intermediate cert, when it wrote the SSL subject to the database.  I had to manually edit the table, which is not recommended or supported.

Mistake number 5...  You should not try and piggy-back two sub domains off of the same public IP address.  Such as using the same public IP for your Traveler server while running UDS on the same box, and using it for your UDS Communication Module as well.

Mistake number 6...  You can get everything functional, all the way to activating the device, but if you don't have port 2195 open, your iOS device will never get your IT Policy or your Profiles.  AGAIN... READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, OR ELSE YOU WILL FAIL!

I love it when things don't work the way they are supposed to, because then I get to fix them.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: This forum and RIM Support, ROCKS!... Thank you for the many lessons I have learned...

Yes the manual has a plethora of info in it, not everyone will read it or follow the directions at times.

I have a bunch of info on BES here. Mostly exchange related though.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/This-is-the-best-fix-for-your-BE...

Thanks for posting what you learned, it will help others

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.