Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Traveler in DMZ, BES10 internally, activation fails. which server name to choose in email profile?

Hi there,

seems to be a silly question, but I am not sure about the server name that must be entered in the server name field of the email profile.

Our Traveler is placed in the DMZ, together with the BB Router. BES10 is on the internal network. Ports from BES10 to Traveler are open (80. 443. 8642). The BES10 is connected to the SRP via Router in the DMZ.

From my BES10's console I can connect to Traveler with "traveler.dmz.myotherdomain.com" (internal -> DMZ), from the internet I use the external name (traveler.myinternetdomain.com), but this one is not accessible from internal networks.

The Activation of my device fails with "server could not be contacted".

May this be a server name resolution failure?

External sync is working (when creating an exchange account on the z10 directly).

Any idea?

cheers

EKKI

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Traveler in DMZ, BES10 internally, activation fails. which server name to choose in email profile?

sorry, solved. Old certificate problem.

for those who have the same problem: export the ssl certificate of the traveler server (if self signed), (with firefox, for example). import them on the BES10 server to the trusted stores. then activation works. :smileywink:

cheers

ekki