Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
wildpacket
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Twitter for Blackberry

Can we push twitter to group of black berry users via BES5.x? 

thanks

Forums Advisor II
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

Re: Twitter for Blackberry

[ Edited ]

I don't think that Twitter or RIM provide a BES push version (zipped .alx and .cod files).

The Twitter client comes with the OS, so you add it to the device with loader.exe or DM, or you download it via Appworld.

Contributor
wildpacket

thanks.  I guess we will have to whitelist the link so our BB users can download and install it. Cos currently our poloicy do not allow users to install anything ...other than what we unleash on them!!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can push apps like twitter

How to obtain BlackBerry Enterprise Server and desktop deployment packages for RIM Value-Added Applications
KB27114-How to obtain BlackBerry Enterprise Server and desktop deployment packages for RIM Value-Add...

now able to push the following
  • AOL® Instant Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones
  • BlackBerry Appworld™ storefront
  • BlackBerry® Messenger
  • BlackBerry® Podcast
  • BlackBerry® Social Feeds
  • BlackBerry® Travel
  • eBay® for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • Google Talk® for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • MySpace® for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • Presenter® for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • Twitter® for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • Windows Live™ Messenger for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • Yahoo!® Messenger for BlackBerry® smartphones
  • YouTube® for BlackBerry smartphones

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor II
freakinvibe

Yes, forgot about this link, we tested this about a year ago. At that time, apps were completely behind in versions and we didn't pursue this anymore. Maybe better nowadays, surely worth a look.

Contributor
wildpacket

Thanks Knottyrope.  :Angel:

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

your welcome, glad to have helped

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
wildpacket

I downloaded the Twitter Files  from the link you provided after I registered and logged in .... to push via BES5.0.2 to a test BB but does not work.

I take the same files and install it  via Blackberry Desktop Manager to the same BB and it works and installs the Twitter App to it.

On the BEServer I notice 2 files are missing from the Twitter folder PkgDBCache.xml and Specification.pkg files.

I have pushed other apps to BB before and all of those app folders have these 2 files.

Any guide lines ...Plz

Thanks!

Forums Advisor II
freakinvibe

You have to find out why it didn't work. In the BAS Admin console go to the user.

Click on the "Software configuration" tab.

Click "View Resolved Applications"

Does Twitter appear under Resolved Applications?

Contributor
wildpacket

thanks for your input.

I dont see notin in there ...

Can i Run the below without breaking stuff to see if the 2 files are created which are missing ....pkgdbcache.xml  and specification.pkg

Task 2

Complete the following steps to index the third-party application:

1. On the host computer in <drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion , create a folder called Shared.
  2. In the Shared folder, create a folder called Applications.
  3. In the Applicationsfolder, create a folder for each third-party application that is to be sent to the BlackBerry smartphone.
  4. Copy the third-party application files, ALX or CODfiles, into their respective folders.
  5. From a command prompt, navigate to <drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
  6. Type loader.exe /index and press ENTER.
  7. In <drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\<application name> , make sure that the pkgdbcache.xml files and specification.pkg files exist