Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
RobKatz
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Two BES and Two Databases - a migration question

I've got the old bes running 5.0.2 and the new BES will have 5.0.3 MR3.  I've got two SRP.  the old server is running a shakey install of MDSE.  the new bes' db will be on a SQL 2005 server.  The two servers will be online simultaneously, and have two different names (obviously).

I've been told by RIM support that I can use one BAS client to move/migrate my users between the two servers.  The advice was to make both servers part fo the same BES domain and then it was just a matter of using the move tool within the admin client to relocate the users.  For political reasons, this is the way i'd prefer to do the migration to the new server (knive-edge is too 'high profile' and eliminates the server name change that is desired).

has anyone done this?  can i have one BES admin client pointing at two dbs/domains?

Thanks

Rob

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fooled
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Two BES and Two Databases - a migration question

In short, no you cannot. The info that support gave is correct and flawed all at the same time. The best way to describe it is "A bes domain is isolated to the BESMGMT database" Therefore, one database is one bes domain owned and operated by one BAS (or more if you have them), and the other being a completely separate bes domain, owned and operated by a separate set of BAS.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobKatz
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Two BES and Two Databases - a migration question

That was what was sneaking into the back of my mind as I was installing my new BES...  Thanks for the confirmation.

R

Please use plain text.