Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
vlas
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: TheProvider

UDS API

Morning all, Could you help me please, I have a server where BDS module has been installed and running. I can manage it by BWS API, no issues. Now I'd like to set up UDS to be able to manage also iOS & Android devices. The question is, is it possible to run BDS & UDS components on one server and is there an API for UDS? For BDS API I use those service links, for example: https://HOSTIP/enterprise/admin/ws?wsdl https://HOSTIP/enterprise/admin/util/ws?wsdl I assume for UDS there should be another ones. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: UDS API

You can run both on one serever on latest version of BES 10.

I have not used the API nor UDS at the moment so hopefully others will chime in

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vlas

Any help guys? :smileysad: Has anyone tried creating/managing iOS/Android devices through some API?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vlas

For all who also keeps looking for this. Answer: currently not possible. Unfortunately. iOS/Android devices management totally manual through UDS Web Console. Kind of weird, but still.

Doc docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/58204/BWS_10.1.3_FTO_EN.pdf:

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 includes two instances of the BlackBerry Web Services:

• BlackBerry Web Services for the BlackBerry Device Service: These web services enable a custom application to access the management capabilities of the BlackBerry Administration Service.

• BlackBerry Web Services for the Universal Device Service: These web services are used by BlackBerry Management Studio and the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool to complete administrative tasks. The BlackBerry Web Services do not support integration with custom applications to manage Android devices and iOS devices. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thanks for finding that

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.