Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
My Device: Z10

UDS & Lotus Notes Traveler 9

Not too sure if this has been asked or been discussed. We are currently a fully Lotus Domino Environment. Previous version of Blackberry Enterprise Server 5+ works fine and has been in the environment.

Now that we have just installed the Blackberry Enterprise Server 10 we are using the new Lotus Notes Traveler 9 installed successfully.

Pros:

1. Installation was successful

2. BDS Configuration was successful

3. UDS installed successfully

4. Blackberry Z10 Works like a charm (Easy to configure)

5. Have successfully Managed to install BES10 & Lotus Notes Traveler 9 on a single Server 

Cons:

1. Configuring UDS - Work in progress

2. Cannot get UDS configured with Lotus Notes Traveler 9

3. Android Devices fail to connect to Traveler Server

Question:

1. Does the Traveler Server need to published with SSL out in the WEB?

2. Configuing Microsoft ActiveSync with URL of "Servername/Servlet/Traveler" work?

3. Are there any Documents how to configure UDS and Lotus Notes Traveler 9?

4. Why Blackberry has not included a configuration like Microsft ActiveSync for Lotus Notes Traveler?

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

Re: UDS & Lotus Notes Traveler 9

i have exactly the same question , somebody could help us ?
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1

Re: UDS & Lotus Notes Traveler 9

I'll try to answer that:

1. Does the Traveler Server need to published with SSL out in the WEB?

My understanding is, that for UDS the server needs to be published, because BES cannot proxy the ActiveSync traffic. That is of course if you do not use "BlackBerry Secure Workspace" (haven't tried it yet). With BSW BES should be able to proxy ActiveSync, so that Traveler does not need to be published.

2. Configuing Microsoft ActiveSync with URL of "Servername/Servlet/Traveler" work?

You can skip "Servlet" when you use a Traveler Version supported by BlackBerry (8.5.3 UP2 or 9)

3. Are there any Documents how to configure UDS and Lotus Notes Traveler 9?

You only need to create a valid E-Mail-Profile like in BDS. Skip Domain-Name and you do not need to enter any user credentials.

4. Why Blackberry has not included a configuration like Microsft ActiveSync for Lotus Notes Traveler?

I do not understand this question. There is only one ActiveSync configuration. You can use it for Exchange, Traveler and any other server capable of "speaking" ActiveSync (theoretically).

Hope was able to help at least a bit,

Nallo